Sunday, May 4, 2008

2007 - Year in Review - September cont.



September took us to the football field for the first time. C & G played Upward flag football. We had never done an Upward sport other than basketball, so I was curious to see how football worked.


The boys had lots of fun, but I was less than thrilled with the way the program was run. Having worked in our Upward basketball, I understand how it works. And if you do it by the book, it works very, very well. I didn't feel like there was much, if any, emphasis on the devotions, either at practice or game days. I was very disappointed in the game day because they didn't do anything at half-time. For the size of church that it was, I'm 99% certain that they had the capability of taking a sound system outside for a half-time devotion, but it just didn't happen. I wonder how many souls could have been reached if they had taken the time to do the program the way it's supposed to be done.

No comments: